Yum! That’s the best way to describe these delicious bites.
The kiwi craze continues in this house because this super fruit is in season, delicious and nutritious. These healthier treats contain potassium, fiber, Vitamins C & E and other phytonutrients. And, the recipe is simple.
- 2 kiwis [peeled & sliced]
- dark chocolate [about 1/2 cup, melted]
- sprinkles of unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Peel and slice the kiwi [around 1/2 inch thick].
- Place kiwis in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Make sure to place the kiwi slices on a parchment paper lined plate 🙂
- While the kiwi is chillin’; melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Dip the kiwi slices half way into the melted chocolate and place back on plate. Or if you are a chocolate love, go ahead, dip the whole kiwi. Sprinkle with coconut [optional].
- Place the kiwi slices back in the freezer until chocolate hardens [about 20 minutes].
- E N J O Y! Everything is better with a little bit of chocolate right?
This is how to enjoy the holiday indulgences and balance with nutrient dense foods. It’s the perfect healthier snack for all the big kids and little kids in your life. So friends, stock up on your kiwis and enjoy!
Don’t forget to join along with the Mighties Kiwi Challenge on the My FitnessPal App too. Eat and log your kiwis for a chance to win an amazing prize package.
Happy easy cooking! […the only kind I do].